What is the Long Lake Ltd Lawsuit?
Long Lake Ltd is a homebuilder based in Houston, Texas. In recent years, the company has been involved in a number of lawsuits alleging construction defects, fraud, and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
One of the most high-profile Long Lake lawsuits was filed in 2014 by Brigette Pillittere. Pillittere alleged that her new home, built by Long Lake, was infested with mold and other fungi. She also alleged that Long Lake had refused to remediate the damage. Pillittere’s case went to arbitration, and the arbitrator awarded her $178,184.57 in damages.
Another notable Long Lake lawsuit was filed in 2015 by Julie Heinsohn. Heinsohn alleged that Long Lake had fraudulently misrepresented the condition of a home that she was purchasing. Heinsohn’s case also went to arbitration, and the arbitrator awarded her $147,395 in damages.
What are the allegations against Long Lake Ltd?
The most common allegations against Long Lake Ltd include:
- Construction defects: Homeowners have alleged that their Long Lake homes have a variety of construction defects, such as faulty foundations, leaky roofs, and defective wiring.
- Fraud: Homeowners have alleged that Long Lake misrepresented the condition of their homes or fraudulently induced them to purchase homes.
- Violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act: The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act prohibits businesses from engaging in deceptive or unfair trade practices. Homeowners have alleged that Long Lake has violated the DTPA by making false or misleading statements about its homes or by failing to honor its warranties.
What are the legal options for homeowners who have been affected by Long Lake Ltd?
Homeowners who have been affected by Long Lake Ltd may have a number of legal options. If a homeowner believes that their home has construction defects, they may be able to file a breach of contract or negligence lawsuit against Long Lake. If a homeowner believes that Long Lake misrepresented the condition of their home or fraudulently induced them to purchase their home, they may be able to file a fraud lawsuit against Long Lake. And if a homeowner believes that Long Lake has violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, they may be able to file a DTPA lawsuit against Long Lake.
Homeowners who are considering filing a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd should consult with an experienced attorney to discuss their legal options.
What is the deadline for filing a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd?
The deadline for filing a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd depends on the specific type of claim that the homeowner is bringing. However, in general, homeowners have two years from the date that they discovered or should have discovered the alleged wrongdoing to file a lawsuit.
How much does it cost to file a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd?
The cost of filing a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd will vary depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of the case and the experience of the attorney that the homeowner hires. However, most attorneys will offer a free consultation to potential clients, so homeowners can discuss their case and get an estimate of the legal fees involved before they make a decision about whether or not to file a lawsuit.
What are the chances of winning a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd?
The chances of winning a lawsuit against Long Lake Ltd will depend on the specific facts of the case. However, homeowners who have strong evidence to support their claims have a good chance of success.
What if I can’t afford to hire an attorney?
There are a number of resources available to homeowners who can’t afford to hire an attorney. For example, many states have legal aid programs that provide free or low-cost legal services to low-income individuals. Additionally, there are a number of nonprofit organizations that provide legal assistance to homeowners who are facing foreclosure or other housing-related problems.
What should I do if I think I have a case against Long Lake Ltd?
If you think you may have a case against Long Lake Ltd, the first thing you should do is consult with an experienced attorney. An attorney can review your case and advise you on your legal options.
- Long Lake LTD v. Pillittere: https://casetext.com/case/long-lake-ltd-v-pillittere-1
- Long Lake v. Heinsohn: https://casetext.com/case/long-lake-v-heinsohn
- Better Business Bureau Profile of Long Lake LTD: https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/profile/home-builders/long-lake-ltd-0915-80531